Wednesday, September 5, 2007

3:56 am September 5

Bathroom of Room 108, Hotel Majestic, Rabat

In all there must be a balance
(or, I still feel like I’m going to die)

Reader discretion is advised.

My medicine kit...... it will be depleted sooner, possibly, rather than later. Thank God for it.


In short, I just took two anti-diarrheals.

I woke up at 3:45 with awful cramping and nausea. Awful cramping and nausea. I walked to the bathroom and let loose on the toilet. It was horrifying, and while I was letting go on one end, felt I had to vomit. I hate vomiting. I managed not to vomit, but then I felt light-headed. As anyone who knows me will tell you, I am incredibly apt to pass out with the onset of extreme pain. I finished on the toilet as quickly as I could, and lay down on the floor in the yogic “child’s pose”. At this point, I was really overheating and breaking out into a heavy sweat. So there I lay, on the filthy floor of the bathroom, my head, arms, and legs against the tiles, which were only a little cooler than my body. I was soon covered in sweat , but I felt so much better on the floor.

After the discomfort subsided a little bit, I rinsed my wrists under cool water, and collapsed on my bed. It wasn’t long before I felt bad again, though. This time I came to the bathroom more prepared, with laptop and mp3 player playing Sufjan Stevens’ “Illinoise” in tow. In the writing of this entry, I took several breaks to plaster my body to the tiles, to drink water, to take anti-diarrheals, to let loose on the toilet again.

I still feel nauseous, but I’m getting better.

(Un moment.... I have to plaster myself to the tiles again).

I’m going to try bed again. Dear God, I feel awful..

No comments: